The Unique Student Identifier (USI) is an Australian-wide student number required by students who are completing nationally accredited vocational education and training (VET). A USI provides the capacity for students to track their accredited vocational education and training (VET) records online across all Australian states and territories.
A USI is a requirement to receive a Statement of Attainment or a Qualification.
Students can apply (at no cost) to the Commonwealth Government for a USI at: http://usi.gov.au – It only takes a few minutes. You need to have an email address and your identification document with you as you create your USI.
You will need one of the following documents with you:
- Driver’s Licence
- Medicare Card
- Australian Passport
- Visa (with Non-Australian Passport) for International Students
- Birth Certificate (Australian) *please note a Birth Certificate extract is not sufficient
- Certificate of Registration by Descent
- Citizenship Certificate
Alternatively, you can authorise Five Star College to create a USI on your behalf by completing the relevant declarations on the enrolment form.
Remember to keep a record of your USI- it will keep all of your training records and results from any accredited training programs in one place.
Once you have a USI, you will need to let us know what it is, and give Five Star College permission to:
- Verify your USI number
- Update your USI record on the portal with the training you are doing
- Update your personal details when required
To give your training provider permission:
- Log into your Student USI Portal
- Go to the Manage permissions tab
- Click on Add Organisation. Five Star College’s Organisation Number is 91171